PowerSkater Mounting Plate Hook Housing Repair Instructions
How to Repair or Replace Hooks or Springs inside the Mounting Plate Hook Assembly.
The most common part that needs to be replaced are the hooks and Springs.
Note: The Hook Housing Assembly is assembled upside down. Do Not Remove the Housing from the Top.
To Remove the Housing, have the Mounting Plate in the vertical position. You can do this by having the whole unit upright with the Mounting Plate still attached to the Tracks, or you can dissemble the Mounting Plate from the Tracks altogether.
1) Remove the 2 machine screws first – DO NOT REMOVE THE 4 SCREWS ON THE TOP.
2) Now remove the nuts from the bolts without letting the bolts to fall out. Hold them with your hand to keep them inside the housing.
3) Pull the Hook Housing Assembly away from the Mounting Plate so you can get to the Hooks & Springs.
4) Now you can remove the Springs & Hooks.
ASSEMBLY OF HOOK HOUSING
1) Hold Housing & Cover (Right Hand) upside down with the 3 bolts in place in one hand.
2) Slide Bushing over the Bolt.
3) Hold as shown below in a backwards “L” and position the Top Hook as shown onto the Bolt and Bushing. Keep the Hook between the Cover Tab and the Housing.
4) Slide a Spring onto the Bolt all the way to the bottom. Snap the Spring Wire between the Housing Tabs to hold it in place.
5) With your Thumb Nail on your Left Hand, pull the other Spring Wire towards the Housing and clip the wire into the Groove on the Hook.
6) Place the Bottom Hook onto the Bushing & Bolt.
7) Slide a Spring onto the Bolt halfway way down. Snap the Spring Wire between the Housing Tabs to hold it in place.
8) With your Thumb Nail on your Left Hand, pull the other Spring Wire towards the Housing and clip the wire into the Groove on the Hook.
9) Place the other Spacer Cover Plate onto the 3 Bolts with the Tab pointing inside the Hook Mechanism. (Note: Older Versions do not have a Spacer Plate)
Make Sure Hooks Move Freely and that the Hooks are not caught in the Cover Tab.
Now the Housing is ready for Assembly onto the Mounting Plate. DO NOT LET THE BOLTS TO DROP OUT OF THE ASSEMBLY.
10) With the Mounting Plate Vertical, install the Housing with the 3 Bolts onto the Mounting Plate. Hand tighten Nuts onto the Bolts
11) Align the Spacer Plate with the Housing to the Holes in the Mounting Plate for the 2 Machine Screws. This Step is a little tricky for the Spacer and Housing want to be crooked to each other due to the spring pressure. Now tighten the Screws underneath the Mounting Plate into the Spacer and Housing. MAKE SURE THIS IS ALIGNED PROPERLY.
12) Tighten the Nuts on the Bolts until snug but on torqued tight. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN OR THE HOOKS WILL NOT MOVE FREELY.
13) Check that the Hooks move freely by Snapping them back and releasing. Do this for both Hooks. If they bind, then loosen the Nuts.
You are ready to reinstall the Mounting Plate (if you removed it from the Tracks) back onto the Tracks.