Extreme Skating Power, Skill
…In Just A Few Minutes
A Day With The
The PowerSkater is a revolutionary dry land skating machine that teaches proper skating technique, stride power and speed – all at the same time! This extraordinary skating system:
- Molds the player into optimal skating mechanics, memorizing the patterns from perfect practice
- Trains the muscles used in skating in a bio-mechanical skating movement, rather than just trying to mimic “dryland” skating like a skating treadmill does
- Trains athletes for strength endurance, stride power, stride length, quickness and speed
- Teaches body control and balance while forcing the core to work as a true “speed” center
- Allows stick movement during exercise because there is no frame in the way to limit stick handling
- Can be used for any anaerobic interval training like open ice hockey players, figure skaters and in-line hockey players (Athletes from tennis, basketball, soccer and other sports, which utilize a lateral lunge action, have benefited from using the PowerSkater).
- In a rehab setting, the PowerSkater can be used successfully to rehabilitate ankle, knee and hip injuries.
|“The PowerSkater has been the best kept secret in hockey and is Canada’s Miracle off Ice!”
Peter Twist, World Renown Hockey Training Expert, 11 yrs. Conditioning Coach, Vancouver Canucks, NHL
Poor skaters will improve their technique while building the very physical tools that superior skating draws upon. Excellent skaters will immediately notice that this is the best skating machine ever designed as they experience the same local muscle fatigue they feel on-ice. The PowerSkater is also of use for anaerobic interval hockey training, and does not limit the PowerSkater to ice hockey players, figure skaters and in-line hockey players. Athletes from tennis, basketball, soccer and other sports, which utilize a lateral lunge action, have benefited from using the PowerSkater. In a rehab setting, the PowerSkater can be used successfully to rehabilitate ankle, knee and hip injuries.
Train Your Muscles, Train Your Mind – Gluteals, Quads, and Hamstrings
Skating skills are the most important part of hockey and quite often the most neglected due to lack of adequate training or ice time. Proper technique is required for all elements of skating, including forward stride, crossover, backward skating, stops and starts.
“I designed the PowerSkater to help my son learn to proper skating posture and technique. At the time the machine had no name for I did not make it for the industry at large. It wasn’t until I saw the amazing results did I decide to bring it to the market to help other kids like my 8 yr. old. Our biggest market is direct to Parents for their 8 – 12 yr. old kids to get them started off on the right path in their skating. Our next biggest market segment is 16 – 18 yr. old players wanting to get to a Junior Team and their skating stride needs to be lengthened and more powerful for speed and balance. It works – I know for I see the results first hand. My son went on to play for the Notre Dame Hounds in the SJHL in Saskatchewan, Canada (170 miles from where i grew up). He played 4 years for the Iowa State Cyclones and was Captain of his team. He was the fastest skater in both leagues!”
Ron Bulloch, Inventor of the PowerSkater, and all the Powering Athletics Products, former Coach, Skating Instructor, Amateur Scout, and Speaker on Player Development
What is the Proper Technique?
8 Basic Skating Skill Sets
- Relaxed posture
- Flexible ankle bends
- Flexible knee bends – 2″ over your toes
- Body lean forward – shoulders even with the toes
- Back straight
- Chest up
- Stomach in, and
- Your head up
Making a full stride on the PowerSkater trains your body to memorize the technique, which results in good habits that will transfer to the ice. The PowerSkater replicates a forward-stride movement, resulting in balance, power and control. The same exercise will assist the skater in other skating skills such as crossover, backward skating, stops and starts.
Powering Athletics is the manufacturer of the PowerSkater, call us direct to order